Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kate's Christmas Present

It is ridiculous how much Kate does for me!  She is always writing me letters and sending me cards and gifts in the mail.  It's very overwhelming because I can't keep up with being as good of a friend to her as she is to me.

So for Christmas I wanted to make her something myself.  I saw a really cute DIY toiletry bag tutorial on this Skip to my Lou website.  I had already been at Hobby Lobby that week and saw a fabric that I thought she would like, so I went back and grabbed it, along with a PUL fabric for the inside (this makes it sort of water-proofy.)

I followed the instructions (the best I could) and came out with this:

That's a little loofa in there.  I was going to pack it with
bath stuff but I decided to go with some other goodies

The picture actually makes it look nicer than it really is.  I wrote Kate a little Christmas card with it and explained to her not  to unzip it all the way because the zipper kind of gets stuck.  Even when I pin 2 fabrics together, I still struggle to keep them in line.  This bag is all sorts of crooked, but it comes from the heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment